Saturday, October 2, 2010

Reveal Day

Today is reveal day! I am so excited to share with you what we created using the black fall leaves. Here is the picture again of what they looked like when I bought them.Now with out having to wait any longer here they are:

Close to Nature by Jen Davis:
Spooky Bats by Kim Chard
Halloween album cover by Melissa Martinez
Aren't these fun! I love the clean and simple design by Jen, and Kim's awesome bats are so creative.

Now you are probably wondering how you can play along with this months Muse challenge. Well I have some leaves left over for some of you to create with! There are 2 ways to get your hands on some.

First, the 2 winners of the inspiration contest will get some sent to them. Random.org picked comment 6 and 13 from the first post here at Blue Velvet Muse. side note: I so totally could not figure out how to include the picture of the little generator so you will just have to trust me till I can figure it out for next time :) (If you know how to do this, shoot me an email-see side bar-and there will be a little something special in it for you promise). I am proud to announce our winners of the share your inspiration contest Sandra and SusieJ.
Sandra said, "I can't wait to see what you're up to Melissa! Three things that inspire me is my dog, Billie, music, and seeing what others create. I am actually inspired by so much more, but that's a good start."
SusieJ said, "Hi Melissa! I arrived here via wescrap - a little late but I made it.
Three things that inspire me:
Nature (particularly in autumn)
My "inner circle" (close family and friends)
Vintage - whether it's images or objects."
Ladies email me at the address in the side bar so I can get you your goodies, which will include a few leaves to play with!

Now If you didn't win them you can email me and I will send you some for $1 and the cost of a stamp! This will be on a first come first serve basis. At the end of the month one lucky peson who creates something and posts the image in the Blue Velvet Muse Photo Stream on Flicker will win a special prize. So send me an email so I can get these out ASAP.

But wait there is more! Each month Blue Velvet Muse will have a special theme and tomorrow I will announce the October theme. In addition I will share a second creation I made using the black leaves. In the weeks to come I will be posting tutorials and introducing you to all kinds of cool stuff and people that all go along with the theme. Follow along all month and get creative. Post your creations in our Flicker group and be entered to win cool stuff! Now doesn't that sound like fun?
Come back tomorrow and find out the theme for October. See you soon.
Melissa

6 comments:

  1. I like the bats created with the leaves! Very creative! The other pages are pretty too! Sounds like there is lots of fun to come!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Forgot to add congratulations to
    Sandra and Susie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the awesome creations and inspiration that is happening here! The bats are too adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like the bats are a hit! I will see if I can get Kim to show us how she did them

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! you gals did a great job with the leaves. I love those touches of black on the layouts. Yep, the bats are adorable :)

    Congrats! Sandra and SusieJ!

    ReplyDelete